Who is the top 5 best goal keeper in 2018?
If you are a soccer fan and want to make profits from soccer betting, it is important that you follow the sport closely to make accurate daily soccer predictions. There are many things that make soccer so thrilling and even more exciting when you are betting on it. When making predictions for a side’s performance, their striking capability is often considered the most important factor. However, it is often ignored that having a great goal keeper on one’s side can make all the difference required in maintaining a cleaner sheet.
So if you are an avid soccer punter who likes to bet on best tipster correct score from time to time, it is best that you know about the top goal keepers of the time.
1. Gianluigi Buffon
Teams: Paris Saint-Germain& Italy
Gianluigi Buffon, also known as Gigi Buffon, is considered as one of the top goal keepers on the planet by soccer expert. In fact, he is regarded as the greatest goalkeeper ever by many. In 2018, this Italian professional soccer player was with Paris Saint-Germain. Even at 40, he is capable of giving the best strikers half his age a run for their money.
- Gigi recorded 78 saves from 35 matches in last season
- He has been selected as part of the FIFPro World XI team 3 times
- In the 2006 World Cup, the Italian player maintained a record 5 clean sheets
- Gigi has been named to the FIFA 100 list of the greatest living players by Pele
Before moving to Paris Saint-Germain, Gigi played for Juventus for a stunning 17 years. He has been an influential player in European football and an important factor in daily soccer predictions.
2. Jan Oblak
Teams: Atletico Madrid & Slovenia
Jan Oblak is a Slovenian soccer player who plays for Atletico Madrid. While he replaced another legendary goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois for his club, he proved himself to be as good if not better. When you bet on games involving him, you can rely on the best tipster correct score predictions due to this consistency. This Spanish La Liga goalkeeper stands out for his almost magical reflexes, which has made him a kind of a sensation in the soccer world.
- Jan has appeared for 205 matches for his club and maintained 134 clean sheets
- When he moved to Atletico Madrid, he became the Spanish league’s most expensive goalkeeper at the time at €16 million
- He has won the Ricardo Zamora Trophy consecutively for 4 seasons
- As Jan as their goalkeeper, the club has won 3 major titles that include the 2018 UEFA Super Cup
Some of the other famous clubs Jan has played with include Olimpija Ljubljana, Benfica, and Rio Ave.
3. Thibaut Courtois
Teams: Real Madrid & Belgium
Thibaut Courtois is one of the most consistently performing goalkeepers at present, according to the soccer expert community. The 2018 FIFA World Cup Golden Glove winner is often considered as a near-impenetrable goalkeeper. It was Courtois who broke Jan Oblak’s most expensive La Liga goalkeeper tag when he was signed up by Real Madrid for a staggering €35 million.
- Last Premier League, Thibaut maintained a clean sheet in 16 of his 38 matches
- He recorded 27 saves during his unbelievable performance for Belgium at the World Cup
- In the 2018 FIFA World Cup Thibaut got recognized for his famous save against star Brazilian striker Neymar
- His superb goalkeeping played a crucial role in helping Belgium secure the third spot in the final ranking of the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- He has 3 league titles under his belt that include 2 Premier League and 1 League Cup championships
Thibaut is a unique player who has rarely been known to make any mistakes, making him a key attraction for soccer expert tipsters.
4. Jordan Pickford
Teams: Everton & England
Before Jordan Pickford entered the World Cup for England, critics didn’t see him as a player to make a big impact. At the end of the FIFA World Cup, Jordan became one of the top 3 goalkeepers of the tournament and an important factor in daily soccer predictions.
- The Everton goalkeeper made the save of the tournament against Colombia
- He helped his home country win its first World Cup penalty shootout by making a crucial save
- His heroic saves in the quarter finals are considered among the best individual performances of the World Cup
- Jordan was signed by Everton in 2017 for a staggering fee of £25 million
Jordan is the first England goalkeeper to save a penalty and score one in the same match.
5. Danijel Subasic
Teams: Monaco & Croatia
Croatia was the second runner up at the 2018 FIFA World Cup and its star goalkeeper Danijel Subasic was one of the reasons for it. The player demonstrated incredible performance at the World Cup, especially in the knockout rounds that enabled his team to enter the final. His team won all its group games and knocked out England from the World Cup. This is another goalkeeper whose presence in the team makes it easier to bet on the best tipster correct score predictions.
- Danijel helped his team win 2 consecutive penalty shootouts versus Denmark and Russia
- His contribution in the semi-final was crucial in beating England and Croatia making it to the World Cup final for the first time
- Playing for Monaco, he has made over 250 competitive appearances for his club
- He has 2 league titles, one each in Ligue 1 and Ligue 2
- He has always won the Goalkeeper of the Year in the league
- During his UEFA Euro 2016 appearance, his penalty save against Spain caused the Spanish to face their first defeat at the tournament’s finals since 2004
- During a 2018 World Cup match against Denmark, he made 3 penalty saves during the penalty shootout which equaled Ricardo’s 2006 World Cup record.
These are some of the best goalkeepers of 2018 that continue to make a difference on the field. They have stood out not just for their record, but also for their impeccable display of near-fiction athleticism. So if you are serious about soccer betting and seek daily soccer predictions, make sure to follow these goalkeepers and their teams.